It took a little longer than expected, but now migration to the new server is complete and it is humming along fine with a full planet database updated every 15 minutes.
The IO subsystem of the current server couldn’t really keep up with importing regular diffs and keeping the full planet database up to date.
You may have noticed that the services on this domain were a bit slow the last few days. This was due to a new database import running in the background, importing an OSM extract of all of Europe instead of just Germany.
Sven Geggus has announced the release of the new CartoOSM based German style for http://openstreetmap.de/
My MapOSMatic instance now also provides the new style (along with the old one for now).
A long time ago I did a simple step by step guide for creating slippy maps with OpenLayers, mostly as a brain dump for myself back then …
I now finally got to doing the same for Leaflet and some of its plugins and created a Leaflet version, too.
I added some more improvements to my MapOSMatic instance:
- selecting a GUI language works again
- slippy maps are now created with Leaflet instead of OpenLayers
- rendered maps list and details page now show rendered area
- city search is fast again