Umap overlay support hat a slightly bumpy start, so I may have put it on the public server too early, but should now be fully usable in single page mode.
Fixes and improvements applied during the last two days include:
- rendering doesn’t fail anymore when certain properties are not found
- per-layer defaults are now taken into account in addition to global ones
- the “circle” and “ball” markers are now rendered properly
- whether a marker icon should be black or white is now reliably detected
- external marker icons referenced by http: or https: URLs are now downloaded and displayed
- dash patterns are supported when rendering lines
- the map title field is pre-filled with the Umap map name
- when the umap file uses a tile layer style supported by this MapOSMatic instance it is auto selected
Things that are still missing or need to be fixed:
- Umap overlay rendering in multi page format
- handling of label display options
- vertical marker positioning may still be minimally too low or high
As an alternative to GPX uploads it is now also possible to uploaed saved Umap maps and render the contents as an overlay.
Continue reading “Umap overlay support added”
Finally implemented a feature long overdue: the footer text now not only contains information about the software and the data source, but also about the style used to render the map, and about all overlay styles used on top of it.
After hopefully having sorted out all problems caused by the rusher migration to a new, faster server I’ve now finally figured out how to improve the user interface for GPX uploads.
Continue reading “GPX upload improvements”
There are still a few small things not working well on the new machine yet, as due to the failure of the old machine ahead of time.
Problems that I’m aware of right now:
Finally, all services seem to be back in working shape again on the new server.
I don’t really know what went wrong in the first place, or what action actually fixed it, and for now I don’t care and just think about better monitoring instead.
Continue reading “Site working again, on new server”